First of all make sure you have measured the area for your underfloor heating correctly. Our mats come in widths of 1m and .5m and various lengths. You need to lay your mats out side by side, make sure they don't overlap and remember they can't be cut. You should be aiming for about 80% coverage of your floor area in order for the underfloor heating to work as your primary heat source.
Here are a few tips in choosing the correct size mats;
- 1m wide mats come in lengths up to 3.5m
- .5m wide mats come in lengths up to 7m
- For a 3.5m x 4m room you could use 3 1m x 3m mats side by side
- For a 5m x 3m room you could use 5 .5m x 4.5m mats side by side
- The mats have 2 electric cables at one end, these connect to your fused spur
- For larger areas consider using 2 thermostats at either end of the room
- this will give better heating control where solar gain is apparent
- it also makes connecting the mats to your fused spurs easier
You do not need to install underfloor heating underneath kitchen units or areas where you will be using fitted furniture.